Sunday, August 29, 2010

Of Nerds and Nymphos

What prompted my writing of this post was the themed party that I half-assedly dressed up for last night at the architecture house with the theme of Nerds and Nymphos. I am not quite sure if it was the people I was around last night or the theme of the party, but we had a couple very nerdy, yet very fun, talks last night after people came back over to our condo. It was as I laying in bed, reflecting on the day, that the often-occurring thought came to me: I am such a freaking nerd. Seriously, I brought out my whiteboard last night and started writing physics equations on it.

There are times when I look at myself and daydream what it would be like to be someone other than myself, and to live as a different person. Sometimes, the thought brings me down, but more often than not, I get a surge of elation about who I am. Yes, there are times when it would be nice to be a little different, a little taller, a little bit more outgoing, more knowledgeable about random facts, etc., but then I realize how much I like being myself. It doesn't bother me that I can't name every band ever, or that I can't quote Shakespeare. I hope everyone feels this way about themselves, but I know realistically that is not possible.

I really don't know why I decided to write this blog post. I was just taking a break from my reading, and I was thinking about it. It still feels unfinished, but honestly, that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment